On the 9th Day of Corrupt Democratic Politicians, the Democrats gave to me, 9 Adam Schiffs….with eyes bugging out of his head.
We begin our story of Adam Schiff back when he was an Assistant US Attorney in the Los Angeles Office. FBI agent Richard W Miller was the recipient of Schiff’s attention.
Miller was the first FBI agent ever to be charged and convicted of espionage. He was colluding with the Russians back in the 1980’s, passing classified data for money. There was ideological conviction, he just needed money.
Miller went through three trials. The first ended in a mistrial, the second with a conviction but ended up being tossed out on appeal. Finally in the third trial, he was convicted and would serve 13 years. The prosecuting attorney was Adam Schiff.
It was with the Miller trial that Schiff learned his hatred for the Soviet Union and Russian meddling in US elections. Schiff would take that experience and “transfer” it to the 2016 election and Russian meddling.
Entry into Politics
Shifty Schiff began his political career in 2000 running for Congress against Republican Jim Rogan, one of the 13 House managers in the impeachment and trial of Bill Clinton. Apparently Schiff did not care that Clinton lied to the Grand Jury, but instead was more interested in his quest for power and fame.
During his 2000 campaign, Shifty was financially aided by MoveOn.org, the George Soros group. MoveOn contributed $106,000 to Shifty’s coffers from various types of donation gathering efforts.
Schiff also received the Toll Fellowship about the same time. The Fellowship is a leadership program designed for state government officials in most cases. It is a 5 day “boot camp.” The program’s sessions are designed to stimulate personal assessment and growth, while providing priceless networking and relationship-building opportunities.
Of course, the Toll Fellowship, sponsored by the Council of State Governments, is heavily financed by Soros’s Open Society Foundations.
The Open Society and Soros-funded groups have also supported a number of Schiff’s legislative efforts.
Political Cowardice on Issues
The “brave” Shifty Schiff is a political coward when it comes to revealing where he stands on specific issues. Like Honest Injun Warren, he avoids taking a direct stance on the issues of the day.
To find out where Schiff stands on the issues, one must look at his statements and infer from them where he stands. What we can tell is that Schiff is:
• Pro Abortion
• For reduction in Defense Spending
• Increased Campaign Finance regulations
• Increased government spending
• Pro Gun Control
• Pro Higher taxes
Shifty and the Ukraine
Shifty, in his Impeachment hearings, is showing a significant interest in nailing President Trump for requesting that the Ukraine investigate political corruption by US politicians, especially Joe Biden.
But it appears that Shifty Schiff has his own problems with the Ukraine.For years prior to 2013, the Ukraine had been seeking surveillance equipment to use against Russia. The Obama Administration had been reluctant to provide the Ukraine with the equipment and defensive weapons that they requested.
On Jul 18, 2013, Ukrainian arms dealer Igor Pasternak held a fundraiser for Shifty’s reelection campaign. The price of admission was $2,500 a head. Shifty received tens of thousands of dollars for his campaign coffers. (Prior to the fundraiser, Shifty had been at best ambivalent to the Ukraine.)
After the fundraiser, Shifty suddenly became a major fan and supporter of the Ukraine. He began lobbying fellow law makers and the Obama Administration to send money and arms to the Ukraine. Ultimately, Shifty was able to get $60 million in aid approved for the Ukraine.
Since 2014, the Ukraine has received $1.5 billion in aid from the US. One wonders how much Shifty’s campaign coffers have benefited from Ukraine assistance in the 6 years since 2013.
Shifty the Liar
We have all seen Shifty Schiff racing to the cameras, revealing what was said in closed hearings, and then finding out that Shifty was lying. Here are some of Shifty’s “greatest hits.”
• Schiff called the heroes who fought off terrorists from the roof of the CIA annex in Benghazi liars for their account of the Obama/Clinton administration’s denying security improvements, ignoring warnings of the attack, and the issuance of a stand-down order for any rescue, an order they ignored.
• Schiff said that the Russian trolling of Democratic National Committee emails is “like Watergate in the sense that you had a break in at the Democratic headquarters, in this case a virtual one, not a physical break in, and you had a president as part of a cover up.”
• The Russia investigation is “a size and scope probably beyond Watergate.”
• “The Dossier is true and factual.”
• “Trump and the Russians colluded to have Trump win the election.”
• “We’ve uncovered significant evidence of Trump’s Abuse of Power.”
• “Let’s be clear: the whistleblower did everything right. They followed all appropriate laws and procedures. And they have every legal right to remain anonymous.
(Note: Notice how Shifty says “they?” More than one?)
• “If you believe the DOD just randomly decided to start spending nights at a luxury golf course in Scotland, well, Donald Trump has a rapidly depreciating asset to sell you. Taxpayers are not responsible for bailing out Trump’s failing businesses.”
Aw crap, this is just ridiculous. I could be all year long writing about his greatest lies. I will just go with all the things that he has said which are truthful.
Okay, you get the point. Shifty does not know how to tell the truth.
Shifty and Impeachment
Shifty Schiff has no regard for the Constitution and Bill of Rights, even though he started his career as a Federal Prosecutor. Instead of obeying the law and the Constitution, he has chosen to trample on it, especially in the case of Donald Trump.
Though the Bill of Rights or Constitution never said anything about “innocent or until proven guilty,” the 5th, 6th and 14th Amendments have been interpreted to mean a “presumption of innocence” and “due process.
Congress, in the Impeachment hearings of Andrew Johnson, Richard Nixon and Bill Clinton, have followed the same procedures allowing for a presumption of innocence and due process.
Shifty Schiff continues to ignore the basic provisions that have been provided Presidents before, and that suspects in criminal and civil trials receive daily.
The Constitution says this about impeachment:
“The President, Vice President and all civil officers of the United States, shall be removed from office on impeachment for, and conviction of, treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors.”
There are four different thoughts on what constitutes treason, bribery or other high crimes and misdemeanors. They are:
1. Whatever the House wants it to mean. This means that the President serves at the pleasure of Congress and they are not equal branches of government.
2. The President must have committed an indictable crime.
3. An indictable crime is not required, based up the word misdemeanor. Essentially this argument would be “maladministration” or some other failure to perform.
4. An indictable crime is not required but the act must be related to his official duties.
Under current rules in the House, the Judiciary Committee holds the impeachment inquiry. The Committee takes evidence and hears testimony of witnesses concerning matters relevant to the inquiry.
Witnesses are interrogated by the Committee Counsel, the Minority Counsel, and each of the members of the House Judiciary Committee. The Committee formulates Articles of Impeachment which could contain multiple counts. The Committee votes on the Articles of Impeachment and the results of the vote are reported to the House as a whole. The matter is then referred to the whole House which debates the matter and votes on the Articles of Impeachment, which may or may not be changed. If the Articles of Impeachment are approved, the matter is sent to the Senate for trial.
For the current impeachment inquiry, there has been a completed disregard for the previous rules governing impeachment. There has been no effort to change the Rules of the House regarding impeachment. Deviation from the norm includes:
1. Impeachment hearings are being held in the Intelligence Committee.
2. The hearings are secretive. No members other than intelligence committee members are allowed into the hearings.
3. The hearings are not being televised.
4. The President does not appear to have a Minority Counsel present.
5. The only witnesses being called are those who are against the President. There are no exculpatory witnesses being called.
6. Schiff has time and again come out and accused the President of improprieties. He has lied in the open, presented false facts, met with those who are against the President and coached witnesses. For this, he should have recused himself from the hearings, but did not.
Shifty Schiff is running nothing more than a Russian Star Chamber or a private Grand Jury. The President has no rights what so ever in these hearings. This is a kangaroo Court, par excel.
Schiff and the Constitution and Bill of Rights
Schiff has shown himself time and again to have no respect or regard for the Constitution and Bill of Rights. He has:
1. Engaged in a scheme to deny a rightfully elected President the ability to engage in the duties and responsibilities as defined by the office.
2. Actively trying to overturn the results of the 2016 Presidential Election because he did not like the outcome.
3. Actively denying the President the right to present a defense in the Impeachment hearings.
4. Hiding the Impeachment Hearings from the public.
5. By trying to overturn the election, disenfranchising the 63 million plus voters that elected President Trump to office.
6. Violated the 5th, 6th and 14th Amendments for presumption of innocence and due process.
7. Against the 1st Amendment and Freedom of Speech based upon desire to regulate Campaign Finance to restrict acceptable.
8. Against the 2nd Amendment based upon increased Gun Controls.
Congratulations Representative Adam Shifty Schiff!
You have been named the 9th Day of Corrupt Democratic Politicians based upon your total disregard for the Constitution of the United State and the Bill of Rights by trying to overturn the results of the 2016 Presidential Election.
May you join your other members of the 12 Days of Corrupt Democratic Politicians wherever they end up.