So if you had to take five and only five albums with you to a desert island for the duration of the quarantine from the Woo Han what would they be?
I’d go with a greatest hitz five pack:
5. The Very Best of the Beach Boys – Sounds of Summer (The island has a beach right?)
4. The Very Best of The Doors (Until the end…)
3. The Band – The Last Waltz (live) (Robbie Robertson laying down some mean licks, plus Dylan, Joni Mitchell, Neil Young, Van the Man and Neil Freaking Diamond for eff’s sake!)
2. Classic Sinatra – His Great Performances 1953 -1960 (Frank doing it His Way, Uncle Bruno doing the same…)
1. A Decade of Steely Dan (If I could only bring one this is it. It’s got everything and stays fresh on every new listen.)
That should do it.
And I’m never going back to my old school…