On the 10th Day of Corrupt Democratic Politicians, the Democrats gave to me………..10 Nancy Pelosi’s……and a bunch of dentures to gross me right on out.
Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi has earned the Day 10 honors the old fashioned way………….she inherited her values from her father Thomas D”Alesandro, Jr, the most corrupt mayor in Baltimore history.
First elected to Congress in 1987, Pelosi has had decades to refine her political practices, and her graft generating techniques to become one of the richest people in Congress, with an estimated net worth of $125 million, up from $58 million in 2009.
Pelosi has engaged in practices to build her fortune that would have left most of us in prison. But they would make her fellow politicians, her father, and the mafia proud.
Pelosi’s corruption began almost as soon as she took office.
How Pelosi Built her Fortune
Pelosi has made her fortune in a way most politicians do. They take inside information, purchase stock, and then enact legislation favorable to the company. A sampling of transactions by Pelosi include:
• A less-than-reputable Pelosi colleague, John Stewart, was a real estate broker with ties to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. His company (Presidio Partners) took over San Francisco’s Presidio in 1995, perhaps the best property in the SF area. At the time, Gorbachev was its primary tenant.
Soon thereafter in 1996, Pelosi introduced the Presidio Trust Act which passed with bi-partisan support. The Act made the Presidio into a strange quasi government Public Park. The Presidio Trust would operate without taxpayer support.
It was discovered in 1998 that Pelosi was an investor in Presidio Partners at the time that the property was taken over and Gorbachev was granted tenancy.
In Jun 2008, Presidio Partners was called the “Pacific Heights Mafia” by a local activist for the way it operated.
• In early 2008, Pelosi and her husband Paul Pelosi, apparently purchased from $1 million to $5 million of Visa stock in one of the most sought after IPO’s in American history.
The average person was unable to partake in the IPO. Institutional investors, large mutual funds and pension funds were the primary investors.
After the purchase, Pelosi thwarted credit card reform for two years. Her “investment” would increase by 203%, an insane amount, especially with the Financial Crisis that occurred in 2008.
• In November 2007, Pelosi invested $500,000 in an IPO for Quest Energy Partners. Shortly thereafter, Pelosi began to support natural gas-related legislation that would significantly benefit the company.
Tom Brokaw asked Pelosi whether this and other personal investments in natural gas represented a conflict of interest, Pelosi’s reply, “That’s the marketplace.”
• Pelosi and family also invested $100,000 in an IPO purchase of Clean Energy Fuels at roughly $12 a share. It peaked in 2010 at about $23 per share. Of course, Pelosi pushed several bills beneficial to the company.
• Prior to her Speakership, Pelosi was active in getting more than $1 billion in subsidies for a light rail project that would benefit the company (Salesforce) of a major Democratic donor. Of course, husband Peter was an investor in that company to the tune of $1million.
Salesforce benefited big from Pelosi’s actions in another way. The subsidies that were pumped into the Mission Bay area where the light rail was being built, increase property values immensely. When Salesforce sold some property to the Golden State Warriors for a new facility, they made a huge profit on the deal, far in excess of the $278 million paid for the property in 2010.
Salesforce CEO Marc Benioff has also contributed heavily to both the Pelosi campaign coffers and the DNC as well.
• Pelosi’s husband has invested in other energy companies as well. He purchased up to $250,000 in SunEdison just weeks before it announced a major acquisition in 2014 that sent stock prices spiraling upwards. Just the announcement alone increased stock prices by 29%.
• Paul Pelosi owns $17 million in stock in H J Heinz which owns 75% of Del Monte Corp stock. Del Monte is the parent company of StarKist Tuna.
One of two tuna packing plants located on American Samoa.is owned by Starkist. Between it and the other plant, 60% of all employed people on American Samoa are working in the tuna plants.
When the House passed a bill to increase the minimum wage to $7.25 an hour, for some strange reason the only territory exempted from the increase was American Samoa, which continues with a $3.75 per hour minimum wage.
(Note: Puerto Rico was required to go with the $7.25 per hour wage and they have suffered heavy increases in unemployment and loss of jobs and businesses.)
It is obvious that Nancy and Peter have taken full advantage of their political connections to increase their net wealth in the 30 years of her career in the House.
The Ukraine and Paul Pelosi Jr.
We cannot talk about Democratic corruption without the obligatory link to the Ukraine. Once again, there is a link to the Ukraine and a Democratic politician’s son.
Paul Junior was an executive of a gas industry company that did business in Ukraine. Per a Youtube video, since removed,
“My name’s Paul Pelosi. Of course I’m on the board of Viscoil. And Viscoil is here today to talk about accelerating the future. It’s about using cars in a more efficient manner. It’s about utilizing natural resources, whether it be electricity, or gas, or fossil fuels in a more efficient way. And Viscoil is a part of that solution. That’s what Viscoil does. It utilizes technology to maximize the use of natural resources, like oil and other resources.”
Of course, in another time honored tradition of Democrats, Viscoil is under investigation for securities fraud. The public company was actually controlled by a couple of convicted felons. And as if that was not enough, Natural Blue Resources, another company co-founded by Paul Jr. has had the SEC charge it with securities in 2014.
Very curious, Biden, Pelosi, and Shifty Schiff all having ties to the Ukraine and it was the Ukraine who supported Hillary in 2016, and is not suddenly where the action is for allegations against President Trump to be used in an impeachment process.
Pelosi and her Private Air Force
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi enjoys the perks of her office. As one of the “entitled” ones, Democratic Royalty, Pelosi has her own Air Force to take her and friends and family wherever she desires. And she sure makes use of it.
From Jul 30 to Aug 6, 2015, Pelosi and her friends traveled to Italy and the Ukraine. The cost to the Air Force for this travel was more than $185,000. Included in the visit would be fine dining in James Beard’s American Restaurant and a tour of the Vatican.
This is not the first time that Pelosi has taken to the air on the taxpayers dime. Judicial Watch found that over a two year period, Pelosi’s military travel cost the Air Force $2,100,744.59. Of that $101,429 was for in-flight expenses, presumably much of which went to Pelosi’s bar tab.
Pelosi and Illegal Immigrants
Pelosi’s support for illegal immigration is legendary. She wants anyone to come over the border without fear of being deported. She also supports giving them every type of handout that the taxpayer can pay for.
If there is support for a border wall, more ICE or Border Patrol enforcement or any opposing it.
Why would Pelosi be so supportive of illegal immigration?
According to Peter Schweizer in his book “Do As I Say (Not As I Do),” part of the Pelosi financial empire includes a Napa Valley vineyard worth $25 million that she owns with her husband. The vineyard produces expensive grapes for high-end wines. The vineyard just happens to employ illegal immigrants in its daily operations.
Pelosi’s Support for the Constitution
As with other Democrats, Pelosi’s support of the Constitution and Bill of Rights is pretty much non-existent. Instead of the Constitution, her support for Socialism becomes stronger daily.
- Supports complete gun control
- Anti Tea Party and Free Speech
- Anti Border Controls and against Border Fence
- Pro illegal immigrant and support for more illegals to be let in
- Supports increased Campaign Finance Laws
- Anti States Rights
- Supports impeachment of President Trump to overturn 2016 election
Nancy Pelosi supports everything that Conservatives are against. For her, socialism is the answer to everything.
Like with other Corrupt Democrats, there are just too many things that could be listed to show how corrupt she is. Name any issue, and it is likely that she will have taken a position that is not Constitutional.
Look at her legislation that she has introduced over the years, and often there will be evidence of Pelosi having a conflict of interest whereby she, her family, or friends and donors will benefit.
Congratulations Speaker Pelosi! You have joined other corrupt Democratic politicians to become one of PU’s 12 Days of Corrupt Democratic Politicians!
May your power base decide soon that it is time for you to retire and rest your worn out botox filled face.