So, gentle readers, what did we learn yesterday from the two Congressional hearings in which the Democratic House of Representatives members of the Judiciary and Intelligence Committees were supposed to wrap up the case for impeaching President Donald J Trump?
All of their hopes and dreams hinged on the bet that the testimony of Former Special Counsel Robert Mueller would riveting and utterly convincing.
They lost their bet.
Mueller came out and shocked everyone by being hesitant, evasive, and having the appearance of a frail old man, confused and having the Representatives repeat their questions numerous times.
Additionally, he did not seem to know what was written in the report that he was supposed to have authored.
There is no way that he was in charge of the lengthy and intricate investigation of the 45th President of the United States of America.
The numerous Democratic donors who were appointed to the investigative committee actually ran the investigation.
And, I think I know whom the head monkey was in the circus.
Andrew Weissmann, one of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s “Lead Investigators”, was a veteran government prosecutor known for his work on the Enron task force and for going after mob figures in New York.
1. Weissmann Served as the FBI’s General Counsel Under Robert Mueller – Before his tenure at the FBI, Weissmann was a partner at Jenner & Block in New York for five years.
2. Weissmann Led the Enron Task Force but Not Without Controversy – Time after time, courts have reversed Weissmann’s most touted ‘victories’ for his tactics. This is hardly the stuff of a hero in the law. Weissmann, as deputy and later director of the Enron Task Force, destroyed the venerable accounting firm of Arthur Andersen LLP and its 85,000 jobs worldwide — only to be reversed several years later by a unanimous Supreme Court.
3. Weissmann Donated Money to President Barack Obama – Weissmann is a Barack Obama and Democratic campaign donor, according to federal records. “Weissmann, who led the Enron investigation, previously gave $2,300 to Obama’s first presidential campaign in 2008 and $2,000 to the Democratic National Committee in 2006, the same year Democrats won control of Congress.
4. Weissmann Attended Princeton & Columbia Universities & Prosecuted Mafia Crime Families – According to the DOJ press release, Weissmann “began his career with the Department of Justice in 1991 at the U.S. Attorney’s Office in the Eastern District of New York, where he served in various leadership positions, including as chief of the Criminal Division. According to Mother Jones, one of the people Weissmann prosecuted had ties to Trump. “As a prosecutor in the Eastern District, Weissmann signed a 1998 cooperation agreement between the US government and Felix Sater, a violent felon and securities trader who had pleaded guilty to financial crimes. Sater went on to become a confidential informant for the FBI and a Trump business partner,” the magazine noted.
5. Some Conservatives Have Noted That Weissmann Was in a Position of Power During the Clinton Uranium Controversy – Some conservatives contend that Mueller has a conflict of interest because they argue the FBI, under his stewardship, should have more thoroughly investigated Bill and Hillary Clinton over a uranium deal known as Uranium One. National Review notes that Andrew Weissmann ran Obama DOJ’s Fraud Section during this time frame.
The Democrats now have a very big problem.
What has been seen cannot be unseen.
The entire viewing public witnessed a feeble old man who was supposed to be the sharpest Federal prosecutor whoever came down the pike.
Mueller has turned out to be just a figurehead, appointed so that the Democrats could engage in what President Trump has referred to as a Witch Hunt, which turned out to be a very accurate description of a modern-day Lynch Mob which spent 25 million dollars of American taxpayers money in order to frame a president who did nothing but beat Hillary Clinton for the presidency of the United States of America.
And, as far as any attempt by the Democrats for revenge through further pursuit of the silly obstruction charges when the president finally leaves office in 2024, the statute of limitations will have passed at that time.
If the far-left Democrat Party has any Common Sense left whatsoever, they will put all this behind them and start trying to work for the good of the country instead of for the acquisition of power for their own political party.
Their time for scrutiny is about to come to fruition, as the Inspector General’s report is due any time and the findings of Attorney General William Barr’s investigation into the origins of the appointment of the special counsel and the ensuing Witch Hunt will be heading soon as well.
It sure stinks on ice to be “the smartest people” in the room this morning, huh?
Until He Comes,