When it comes to Iranian attacks on other natIons’ oil pipelines and tankers, enough is enough.
President @realDonaldTrump is not to blame for these attacks, the blame lies with the Ayatollah and his henchman.
— Lindsey Graham (@LindseyGrahamSC) June 16, 2019
FoxNews.com reports that
U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM) released new images Monday showing the aftermath of mine attacks against two oil tankers in the Gulf of Oman last week, including some images purporting to show Iranian forces removing an unexploded device from the hull of one of the vessels.
Hours later, Acting Defense Secretary Patrick Shanahan said he had approved a request from CENTCOM to send approximately 1,000 additional troops to the Middle East “to address air, naval, and ground-based threats” in the region.
“The recent Iranian attacks validate the reliable, credible intelligence we have received on hostile behavior by Iranian forces and their proxy groups that threaten United States personnel and interests across the region,” Shanahan said. “The United States does not seek conflict with Iran. The action today is being taken to ensure the safety and welfare of our military personnel working throughout the region and to protect our national interests.”
The military says that some of the 11 new images taken from a Navy helicopter show members of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) Navy removing a limpet mine from the side of the Japanese-owned Kokuka Courageous oil tanker.
Other photos show a large hole on the side of the Courageous, above the water line, that officials say appears to have been caused by another mine.
In a statement, Central Command reaffirmed the Trump administration’s previous claim that Iran was responsible for the attacks on the Kokuka Courageous and the Front Altair “based on video evidence and the resources and proficiency needed to quickly remove the unexploded limpet mine.”
The images were made public one day before Secretary of State Mike Pompeo was scheduled to meet with CENTCOM commanders Tuesday. Pompeo has said that a new deployment of U.S. troops to the Middle East is an option in response to last week’s attack.
The early Thursday attack severely damaged both vessels and forced the evacuation of 44 sailors. The incident took place near the Strait of Hormuz, a key strategic water route through which about 20 percent of all oil traded worldwide passes.
Damage to the Kokuka Courageous from Thursday’s blast. (U.S. Central Command)
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., warned the Trump administration after the reported troop deployment not to be “reckless and rash.” She also said, “This deeply concerning decision may escalate the situation with Iran and risk serious miscalculations on either side. Diplomacy is needed to defuse tensions, therefore America must continue to consult with our allies so that we do not make the region less safe.”
Relations between Iran and the U.S. have deteriorated in recent months. The U.S. has accelerated the deployment of the USS Abraham Lincoln aircraft carrier battle group to the region, sent four nuclear-capable B-52 bombers to Qatar and bolstered its defenses in the region by deploying more Patriot air defense systems.
Earlier Monday, Iran announced that it would break a limit on uranium stockpiles established by the 2015 nuclear agreement with the U.S. and five other world powers that was intended to restrict Tehran’s nuclear program in exchange for an easing of international sanctions. President Trump withdrew the U.S. from that agreement last year.
Under the deal, Iran can keep a stockpile of no more than 660 pounds of low-enriched uranium. Behrouz Kamalvandi, the spokesman for Iran’s atomic agency said it would pass that limit on Thursday of next week. Iran has shown no willingness to negotiate another deal and vowed not to enter into talks with the United States while the administration maintains its “maximum pressure” campaign of sanctions.
In addition to reinstating economic sanctions, Trump recently ended waivers that allowed some countries to continue buying Iranian oil. That has deprived Iran of oil income and has coincided with what U.S. officials said was a surge in intelligence pointing to Iranian preparations for attacks against U.S. forces and interests in the Gulf region.
Meanwhile, Rep. Ilhan Omar , the Radical Islamist from Somalia representing Minnesota, took to Twitter on Monday condemning Trump’s decision to pull out of the Iran nuclear deal shortly before the Pentagon approved sending 1,000 more troops to the Middle East in response to the attack.
None of this would be happening if Trump didn't back out of the Iran nuclear deal.
America’s response should be to return to the table and reinstate the Iran nuclear deal.
Increasing tensions and threats of war serve nobody's interests. https://t.co/KGSKGXATPE
— Ilhan Omar (@IlhanMN) June 17, 2019
Rep. Omar is being purposefully obtuse, ignoring the fact that the 44th President of the United States of America, Barack Hussein Obama, purposely and surreptitiously handed a Rogue State of Radical Muslim Barbarians the means of the destruction of both the United States of America and our staunch ally, Israel, with his toothless “Nuclear Agreement”
Why did the President of these United States, Barack Hussein Obama, trust Iran, an enemy of freedom, to stand by its “Agreement” to refrain from nuking the United States of America and Israel?
He gave Iran everything they wanted: their money, nuclear capability, and acquiescence by the Government of the United States of America, literally, encouraging the world’s population of Islamic Terrorists to kidnap our own Naval Personnel, with the promise of a huge payday, while he remained president.
Addtionally, Fox News reported in December of 2017 that
The Obama administration gave a free pass to Hezbollah’s drug-trafficking and money-laundering operations — some of which were unfolding inside the U.S. — to help ensure the Iran nuclear deal would stay on track, according to a bombshell exposé in Politico Sunday.
An elaborate campaign led by the Drug Enforcement Administration, known as Project Cassandra, reportedly targeted the Lebanese militant group’s criminal activities. But by tossing a string of roadblocks holding back the project, Obama administration officials helped allow the 35-year-old anti-Israel criminal enterprise to evolve into a major global security threat bankrolling terrorist and military operations, the report added.
And, as was reported in May of 2018, Former Secretary of State John Kerry had been engaging in “Shadow Diplomacy”, otherwise known as conspiratorial sedition, by meeting with the Iranians in the desperate hope to somehow keep the lousy deal with the Iranians and his former Boss’ legacy intact.
As you watch all of the Liberals News Channels dissect and “analyze” what is happening in the Persian Gulf, you will know doubt see a lot of concerned hand-wringing from anchors, political pundits, and Democratic Congressmen and women like Omar, as to what a grave error that President Trump made by ending Obama’s “deal” with Iran.
Don’t believe them.
The intentional error was made by Obama. He knew that the Iranians would not keep their word.
He didn’t care.
His desire to leave a legacy as President trumped his concern for America’s safety.
And now, President Trump is having to clean up Obama’s mess.
The Mad Mullahs of Iran seem to believe that President Trump and the American People don’t have the backbone to stand up to them. That is why they are playing this game of chicken. They believe the 45th President will blink and kowtow to them, as his predecessor did.
And, evidently, the Radical Islamist Somalian Congresswoman, Ilhan Omar, believes that garbage, as well.
I hope they all hold their breath while the wait for him to become their sservant.
That will not ever happen.
Until He Comes,