“Then Mordecai commanded to answer Esther, ‘Think not with thyself that thou shalt escape in the king’s house, more than all the Jews. For if thou altogether holdest thy peace at this time, then shall there enlargement and deliverance arise to the Jews from another place; but thou and thy father’s house shall be destroyed: and who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this?’” 
The Election of Donald John Trump to the Office of the President of the United States of America, om 8th November 2016, was an event that shook the American Political Establishment to its core. His election was as underestimated and unexpected as was the re-election of Harry S. Truman in 1948, if not more-so. Nobody in the American Media, save a prescient few on more balanced media outlets and some conservative thinkers, gave Mr. Trump even a modicum of a chance at victory. Listening to the media in the run-up to November 8th of 2016, one would believe that Hillary Rodham Clinton, the Democratic Nominee, was set to win in a landslide. The thought that, lack of a better term, a media mogul and television provocateur — with absolutely no political or governmental experience whatsoever — would win, and win in a convincing fashion as he did (though Ms. Clinton did “win” the popular vote, take away one state’s spurious popular results, and she loses decisively): 304 to 227 electoral votes.
In the days since Mr. Trump’s election victory, we have seen his political opposition and those who voted for Ms. Clinton — almost quite literally — come unhinged, be unable to accept reality, and grow deeply belligerent towards anything and anyone Pro-Trump, Pro-USA, and Conservative in nature. We have seen the USA become quite polarized, with left-leaning and Liberal Democrat-supporting people and groups riot, march, protest, and demonstrate almost ad infinetum. We have seen similarly from those who have proclaimed themselves both Republican and Conservative.
What has all of this to do with the current Presidency and situation that the USA faces, both internationally and domestically? Is there a Biblical and Prophetic quotient that needs to be researched?
The election and re-election of Barack Hussein Obama in 2008 and 2012 was unprecedented in the History of the USA, and such has nothing to do, really, with the color of his skin or his heritage. It had everything to do with his policies and his presidential decisions. Under President Obama’s two administrations, America saw Homosexual “Marriage” become “legal”, via Judicial Fiat from the Supreme Court in the Summer of 2015. America had The Patient Protection and Affordable Health Care Act foisted upon them in 2010 and, despite promises to the contrary, many Americans lost not only the care of their chosen doctors, but also their entire health insurance coverage. We already know the economic woes that took place under the Presidential Administrations of Barack Hussein Obama. His domestic policies simply helped shape the nation and society in the USA at large as one where those living deviant lifestyles were praised and lauded, while anyone desiring to live and be outspoken about a traditional American and Biblically Christian lifestyle were harangued and marginalized. Recent Supreme Court Decisions turned back earlier lawsuits by those wishing to destroy Christians’ businesses when they decided to stick to belief and not participate in Gay and Lesbian “weddings” and the freely giving of abortion on demand to foreign criminal invaders (euphemistically and erroneously called “illegal aliens”, ‘‘illegal immigrants”, and “undocumented migrants”, just to name a few). We saw, throughout Mr. Obama’s tenure, the rise of the thin-skinned and perpetually offended in this country. Race relations, according to some, were badly set back by Barack Obama. It was during Mr. Obama’s second term that Michael Brown, a local teenage thug who had robbed a store and attempted to grab the gun of a police officer who had responded to calls to the scene, was shot dead, touching off massive riots in the city of Ferguson, MO, and beginning the false narrative of the “Hands Up; Don’t Shoot!” “Movement” in the USA. Trayvon Martin, another black teen and, by all accounts, a bullying thug, was shot dead in an act of self-defense by George Zimmerman (later labeled as a “white” Hispanic by media outlets), who reported that he and Martin had gotten in a fight, and that Martin had gone for Zimmerman’s gun. A third black man, Freddie Gray, died after being arrested and in transport in a police van, by six police officers, in Baltimore, MD. The subsequent not guilty verdicts by judges in all three cases led to extreme violence, rioting, protesting, looting, and destruction of property. The City of Baltimore settled with the Gray family for more than six million dollars, while the family of Trayvon Martin settled for more than one million. Micheal Brown’s family also settled with the city of Ferguson for more than a million dollars. Hoping that such incidences, along with the church shooting in South Carolina and the Aurora, Colorado movie massacre, would drive Mr. Obama to try and bring the nation together, such were used to not only implicate police as evil by the President, but to further the calls for gun control. The church shooting in Charleston, South Carolina, also had the dubious legacy of seeing anything having to do with the Confederate States of America — or even a loose identification with the US Civil War and Slavery — to be pulled from public view.
These Domestic Woes simply furthered to divide this nation, and the person elected who could have done the most to bring the USA back together largely did nothing to stem the growing chasm of division between different groups inside the USA. In fact, there were other national decisions made which further divided this nation. They Boy Scouts of America had, since its founding more than a century ago, rejected homosexuality and homosexuals within their ranks, both as scouts and as scoutmasters. In 2000, the Supreme Court of the USA ruled that the Scouts’ rejection of homosexuality within its ranks was constitutional, since the Boy Scouts of America are a private venture. This policy was changed in 2013 for scouts, and in 2015 for scout leaders and scout masters. Since that time, not only has the Boy Scouts started accepting girls (as Cub Scouts, beginning in 2018; and as Boy Scouts in 2019), but transgenders are also accepted (as of October, 2017). Much of this movement into once-traditional sectors of American society by homosexuals and transgenders has not only been championed by Mr. Obama, but it has also further divided the United States as a whole.
AN INTERNATIONAL EMBARRASSMENT
If all of this weren’t bad enough, during his tenure as President of the USA, Mr. Obama went about apologizing for alleged international faux pas undertaken by the USA. On top of this, he led the USA into a treaty between the USA and several other Western Powers and the Islamic Republic of Iran, one of the most rabid of international enemies of the USA. Mr. Obama also failed to re-sign a Status of Forces Agreement (SOFA) with the Republic of Iraq, which would have left a significant number of US Ground Forces in-country to help with infrastructural needs and to give security to the infant Post-Saddam Hussein Government of Iraq. The result of the premature pull-out of the vast majority of combat-capable forces by the US left a vacuum that was soon filled by the formation of the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) which, in turn, led to the commencement of the civil war in Syria between government forces and a dozen splinter groups, all fighting the government, as well as each other. On September 11th, 2012, there were terrorist attacks on Western Embassies and Consulates all across North Africa, culminating in an assault on the United States’ Consulate compound in Benghazi, Libya. Despite aid and help being less than an hour away, and an armed C-130 gunship overhead, as well as armed drones in the Benghazi skies, four Americans were killed in probably the most grisly and glaring attack on US international prestige since the 1993 debacle known as the Battle of Mogadishu or, Black Hawk Down, in which the bodies of American servicemen were dragged through the streets of Somalia’s capital city, Mogadishu. Despite Mr. Obama placing “red lines” on Bashar al Assad, the dictator of Syria who has used chemical weapons on his own people, nothing was done when those “red lines” were crossed. The same was true when Russia invaded and annexed the Crimean Peninsula in December of 2014, and Moscow’s meddling in Ukraine. Despite harsh words form the Obama Administration, nothing was done to give aid or to help Ukraine.
All this was done while, at the same time, Mr. Obama alienated America’s allies, while giving comfort and aid to America’s enemies. On numerous occasions, The leadership of the Democratic People’s Republic of (North) Korea continued with missile and nuclear weapons’ tests unabated. American sailors were also “captured” by Iranian naval vessels in international waters with, again, said American sailors videoed on their knees and bound on the decks of the Iranian ships. All of this simply gave a black eye to US Prestige abroad, while the world also watched American professional football, baseball, and some basketball stars kneel during the national anthem, disgracing military veterans and desecrating the US Flag and anthem. If people fail to realize that all of this has brought shame on the USA internationally, then such is a tragedy of epic proportions.
ABOVE THE LAW?
If all of these were not bad enough, Mr. Obama time and time and time again used Executive Orders to skirt the rule of law and proper procedure, with regards to his pet projects. The Nuclear Treaty with Iran was supposed to be ratified by the United States’ Senate, according to the United States Constitution. Mr. Obama had the treaty signed and sealed and committed the USA to it without such. The Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, which gives legal resident status to children who accompanied their parents in criminal invasion, is yet another example of legislation by Mr. Obama’s executive order pen. In one instance, when stymied by congressional disapproval, Mr. Obama stated,
“‘We’re not just going to be waiting for legislation in order to make sure that we’re providing Americans the kind of help they need. I’ve got a pen and I’ve got a phone,’ Obama said Tuesday as he convened his first Cabinet meeting of the year.”
All of this, along with his non-implication in the Benghazi Terrorist Attacks, Solyndra, and Fast and Furious scandals (among many, many more) simply furthers to confirm that Mr. Obama was (and is still) allowed to act above the law…and did so quite regularly.
A COMPLICIT “PRESS”
Mr. Obama was allowed to get away with all of these – and more – due to the fact that he, as President Bill Clinton was in the 1990s, was adored by a very liberal and left-leaning American Mainstream Media, and still is to this day. While alleged and apparent “gaffes” by former Governor of Alaska and Republican Nominee for Vice-President Sarah Palin, and her family’s issues, were investigated and reported to the Nth degree, nothing of the scandals and the negative decisions of and by both President Obama and Vice-President Biden – even those which cost American lives – were even mentioned, let alone investigated, by anyone outside of CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, PBS and their respective affiliates, and the vast majority of American Newspapers, most notably The New York Times, The Los Angeles Times, and The Boston Globe. While Newt Gingrich, Mitt Romney, John McCain, President George W. Bush, and many other Republicans and Conservatives were excoriated by this American Press, despite much of the good that they did and all that they accomplished, Democrat leaders, in spite of their law-breaking and treachery towards the United States of America, were lauded, protected, and fawned over, time and time again. Despite the fact that he was only in office for eight months, and that his predecessor was given Osama bin Laden as a gift to be captured by the Government of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, President Bush is still blamed for failure in the September 11th, 2001 terrorist attacks (and this accusation precludes the fact that President Clinton reduced intelligence and military spending to skeletal levels towards the beginning of his first term in office, which was upheld until almost the end of his second administration) by the American mainstream media. In the face of the facts that personnel and equipment in the US Military Region in the Central and Western Mediterranean were available to help, and despite reports that US Military Drones and even an orbiting C-130 Spectre Gunship were in striking distance, Mr. Obama and then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton are given a pass, and lauded by the fawning American Media. All the while, President Reagan was crushed by that same media thirty years before when a terrorist truck blew up the US Marine Barracks in Beirut, Lebanon, and was heavily criticized when he sent the battle group under the flagship USS New Jersey to lob some sixteen-inch diplomacy upon those same terrorists in response.
THE NATIONAL SLIDE AND SET-UP
All of this mentioned here has done nothing but erode the values and mores of the USA in not only the eyes of the world, but also in the eyes of many, many Americans. This slide, this erosion of American power, prestige, and pride internationally was not and is not too dissimilar to the situation that developed during the presidency of James Earl “Jimmy” Carter. At that time, as now, American prestige abroad had been severely damaged and hampered and hindered by American failures in the Vietnam War, the Watergate Scandal and the subsequent resignations of Vice-President Spiro Agnew and President Richard Nixon, and the situation in the Middle East, which culminated in the Iran Hostage Crisis of 1979. Further, the Soviet Aggression against and Invasion of the Red Army into Afghanistan was also met with a similarly tepid response by the Carter Administration as Obama’s response to the Russians in Ukraine thirty-plus years later. Such response — boycotting the 1980 Summer Olympic Games in Moscow — served only to cause a Soviet-bloc boycott of the Summer Olympics in Los Angeles four years later. American prestige in the run-up to the 1980 Presidential Election was at its lowest ever, with many positing that maybe American Presidents didn’t need two terms; such proposition being considered by Carter’s Administration. As in 1979 and 1980, all of this was a set-up to see a man elected who not only loved the United States of America, but promised to do his best to make America a great place again. Like the man who was elected in 1980, then former Governor of California Ronald Wilson Reagan, who stated that America was “that shining city on a hill”, so, too, did a man rise who promised to Make America Great Again. As Then-Former gov. Reagan was criticized for his America-first language, so, too, has the man elected on November 8th, 2016, been criticized for his similar language in promoting an America-first policy.
Author’s Note: Part II of this series will dig more deeply into the Rise of President Trump, the rabid opposition to his Presidency, and how this all ties in to Biblical Prophecy, and the parallels to Ancient Israel and Ancient Rome. Thank you for reading this treatise. —EQW
1. All Scripture References, Quotes, Quotations, and Excerpts are taken from The Authorized King James Version of the English Bible. London, England, UK. First Edition 1611
2. General Biblical Quotes, Quotations, and Excerpts appear in Bold and Italicized Blue Letters.
3. Barjair, Mordecai. The Book of Esther. Imperial City of Shushan, Province of Shushan, Empire of the Persians. 5th Century, A.D. Ch. iv, vv. 13–14
4. Bucelato, Jason; and Leaman, Eileen J., Editors. “Official 2016 Presidential General Election Results” (PDF). Federal Election Commission. Washington, DC, USA. December 2017. Accessed 5th June 2018. Page 5, Line 6. Source address: https://transition.fec.gov/pubrec/fe2016/federalelections2016.pdf
5. McGreevy, Patrick. “Gov. Brown approves automatic voter registration for Californians.” Los Angeles Times (http://www.latimes.com); Local. Sacramento, CA, USA. ©2018, Los Angeles Times. Published 10th October 2015. Accessed 5th June 2018. Source address: http://www.latimes.com/local/political/la-me-pc-gov-brown-on-motor-voter-bill-20150917-story.html
6. Sannchez, Tatiana. “DMV licensed 800,000 undocumented immigrants under 2-year-old law.” The Mercury News (https://www.mercurynews.com), a subsidiary of Digital First Media (http://www.digitalfirstmedia.com/), and Bay Area News Group (http://www.bayareanewsgroup.com/); News; California News. Denver, CO; and San Jose, CA, USA. ©2018 Digital First Media. Published 28th December 2016. Accessed 5th June 2018. Source address: https://www.mercurynews.com/2016/12/28/dmv-licensed-800000-undocumented-immigrants-under-2-year-old-law/
7. Wisckol, Martin. “How voter fraud could have happened in California – but probably didn’t.” The Orange County Register (https://www.ocregister.com), a subsidiary of Digital First Media (http://www.digitalfirstmedia.com/), and Southern California News Group (http://www.socalnewsgroup.com/); News. Denver, CO; and Anaheim, CA, USA. ©2018 Digital First Media. Published 26th January 2017. Accessed 5th June 2018. Source address: https://www.ocregister.com/2017/01/26/how-voter-fraud-could-have-happened-in-california-but-probably-didnt/
8. Bucelato and Leaman. Federal Election Commission. Page 5, Line 53.
1. “Obama: ‘If you like your health care plan, you’ll be able to keep your health care plan’” PolitiFact (http://www.politifact.com), a subsidiary of The Poynter Institute for Media Studies (https://www.poynter.org/). Washington, DC; and St. Petersburg, FL, USA. ©2018, Poynter Institute. nd. Accessed 5th June 2018. Source address: http://www.politifact.com/obama-like-health-care-keep/
2. McCaughey, Betsy. “Another 25 million ObamaCare victims” The New York Post (https://nypost.com); Opinion. New York, NY, USA. ©2018 NYP HOLDINGS, INC. Published 14th January 2014. Accessed 5th June 2018. Source address: https://nypost.com/2014/01/14/another-25-million-obamacare-victims/
3. Malanga, Steven. “Obama’s Biggest Failure” City Journal (https://www.city-journal.org), a publication of The Manhattan Institute (https://www.manhattan-institute.org/); Eye on the News. New York, NY, USA. ©2018 Manhattan Institute for Policy Research, Inc. Published 9th July 2016. Accessed 5th June 2018. Source address: https://www.city-journal.org/html/obamas-biggest-failure-14638.html
4. “How race relations have worsened under Obama” YouTube (https://www.youtube.com); FoxBusiness Channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCXoCcu9Rp7NPbTzIvogpZg). Sunnyvale, CA, USA. ©2018 YouTube, LLC. Published 10th January 2017. Accessed 5th June 2018. Source address: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oszCC4ZZEUs
5. Angiesta, Jennifer. “Most say race relations worsened under Obama, poll finds” Cable News Network (CNN) (https://www.cnn.com), a subsidiary of Turner Broadcasting System (http://www.turner.com/); Politics. ©2018 Cable News Network. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. Published 5th October 2016. Accessed 5th June 2018. Source address: https://www.cnn.com/2016/10/05/politics/obama-race-relations-poll/index.html
6. “CNN’s ‘White Hispanic’ Label For George Zimmerman Draws Fire” HuffPost (https://www.huffingtonpost.com), a subsidiary of Oath (https://www.oath.com) and Verizon Communications (https://www.verizon.com); Latin Voices. Washington, DC, USA. ©2018 Oath Inc. Published 12th July 2013. Accessed 5th June 2018. Source address: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/12/cnn-white-hispanic_n_3588744.html
AN INTERNATIONAL EMBARRASSMENT
1. Traub, James. “The Mess Obama Left Behind in Iraq”. Foreign Policy (http://foreignpolicy.com), published by the FP Group (https://fpgroup.foreignpolicy.com/), a subsidiary of The Slate Group (https://www.slategroup.com/), a division of The Graham Holdings Company (http://www.ghco.com); Argument. Washington, DC, USA.
ABOVE THE LAW?
1. “Obama On Executive Actions: ‘I’ve Got A Pen And I’ve Got A Phone’” CBSDC (http://washington.cbslocal.com/), a subsidiary of the Columbia Broadcasting System Corporation (https://www.cbscorporation.com/); Executive Actions; President Obama. Washington, DC, USA. ©2018 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Published 14th January 2014. Accessed 5th June 2018. Para. 3. Source address: http://washington.cbslocal.com/2014/01/14/obama-on-executive-actions-ive-got-a-pen-and-ive-got-a-phone/
2. All non-Biblical quotes, quotations, and excerpts will appear in italicized and emboldened light purple letters.
3. Hayward, John. “18 Major Scandals in Obama’s ‘Scandal-Free’ Presidency” Breitbart News Network (http://www.breitbart.com); Big Government. Los Angeles, CA, USA. ©2018 Breitbart. Published 2nd January 2017. Accessed 5th June 2018. Source address: http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/01/02/18-major-scandals-obama-presidency/
4. Limbaugh, David. “Obama’s Scandal-Free Delusion” David Limbaugh (https://www.davidlimbaugh.com), a subsidiary of Regnery Publishing (https://www.regnery.com/), and Salem Media Group (http://salemmedia.com/). Washington, DC, USA. ©2018 David Limbaugh. Published 2nd March 2018. Accessed 5th June 2018. Source address: https://www.davidlimbaugh.com/5519/obamas-scandal-free-delusion/
A COMPLICIT “PRESS”
1. Healy, Melissa. “Clinton Defense Budget Cuts Into Troops, Ships” Los Angeles Times, ©2018 Los Angeles Times. Published 27th March 1993. Accessed 5th June 2018. Source address: http://articles.latimes.com/1993-03-27/news/mn-15800_1_defense-budget
THE NATIONAL SLIDE AND SET-UP
1. Bell, Griffin B. “For a One-Term, Six-Year Presidency” The New York Times (www.nytimes.com); Archives;1985; Opinion. New York, NY, USA. ©2018 The New York Times Company. Published 31st December 1985. Accessed 5th June 2018. Source address: https://www.nytimes.com/1985/12/31/opinion/for-a-one-term-six-year-presidency.html
2. Peters, Gerhard; and Woolley, John T. “Election Eve Address ‘A Vision for America’,
November 3, 1980” The American Presidency Project (http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/index.php); Ronald Reagan, XL President of the United States: 1981-1989. University of California at Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, CA, USA. ©1999-2018 — Gerhard Peters and John T. Woolley — The American Presidency Project™. Accessed 5th June 2018. Para. 84, Line 3. Source address: http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/?pid=85199