And it is finished, Donald Trump clocks in at the third longest State of the Union ever.
The snap polls are coming in, support for the speech is hitting very high levels. 75% of those who watched the speech approve of it:
Three in four Americans who tuned in to President Trump’s #SOTU address tonight approved of the speech he gave, CBS News poll finds https://t.co/TO7jbkP2qA
The Democrats are seeing these numbers too. This explains their increasingly jarred and panicky behavior. Their hardcore base are those 25% of voters who disapprove of the speech.
President Donald Trump takes the podium tonight to deliver his first State of the Union after a full year in office that began at noon on January 20th, 2017.
He will almost assuredly tout his myriad of accomplishments on trade, the tax cut bill, bringing jobs back to the United States from across the world, and we can assume, discuss his plan for an infrastructure bill.
If you ask, “why are we going to spend time and money on yet another infrastructure bill when we just passed one less than 10 years ago?”
The answer obviously would be that President Barack Obama did not pass an infrastructure bill. He passed a slush fund for Democrat politicians.
Trump as a builder, as he has been all his life, will be working on actually addressing the country’s problems. The community organizer in chief didn’t fix many roads and bridges and highways, etc. during his tenure in office. Expect to see yet another Obama “achievement” eclipsed and erased by the Trump presidency.
What follows is a list of the excerpts the media believes will be in the speech tonight in front of Congress and the nation.
- Together, we are building a SAFE, STRONG, and PROUD America.
- We want every American to know the dignity of a hard day’s work; we want every child to be safe in their home at night, and we want every citizen to be proud of this land that we love.
- Just as I promised the American People from this podium 11 months ago, we enacted the biggest tax cuts and reform in American history.
- Our massive tax cuts provide tremendous relief for the Middle Class and small businesses.
- Since we passed tax cuts, roughly 3 million workers have already gotten tax cut bonuses – many of them thousands of dollars per worker.
- This is our New American Moment. There has never been a better time to start living the American dream.
- Tonight, I want to talk about what kind of future we are going to have, and what kind of nation we are going to be. All of us, together, as one team, one people, and one American family.
- Americans love their country. And they deserve a government that shows them the same love and loyalty in return.
- For the last year we have sought to restore the bonds of trust between our citizens and their government.
- In our drive to make Washington accountable, we have eliminated more regulations in our first year than any administration in history.
- We have ENDED the war on American Energy – and we have ENDED the War on CLEAN COAL. We are now an exporter of energy to the world.
- America has also finally turned the page on decades of unfair trade deals that sacrificed our prosperity and shipped away our companies, our jobs and our nation’s wealth.
- America is a nation of builders. We built the Empire State Building in just one year – isn’t it a disgrace that it can now take ten years just to get a permit approved for a simple road?
- I am asking both parties to come together to give us the safe, fast, reliable, and modern infrastructure our economy needs and our people deserve.
- Struggling communities, especially immigrant communities, will also be helped by immigration policies that focus on the best interests of American Workers and American Families.
- So tonight I am extending an open hand to work with members of both parties, Democrats and Republicans, to protect our citizens, of every background, color, and creed.
- As we rebuild America’s strength and confidence at home, we are also restoring our strength and standing abroad.
- Last year I pledged that we would work with our allies to extinguish ISIS from the face of the earth. One year later, I’m proud to report that the coalition to defeat ISIS has liberated almost 100 percent of the territory once held by these killers in Iraq and Syria. But there is much more work to be done. We will continue our fight until ISIS is defeated.
- Past experience has taught us that complacency and concessions only invite aggression and provocation. I will not repeat the mistakes of the past Administrations that got us into this dangerous position.
CNN also aired earlier tonight that they expect that President Trump will play yet another dirty trick against the Democrats.
They believe that the president will release the memo to coincide with the speeches of the 90 (or whatever the number is) Democrats scheduled to rebut his speech.
Update: Sarah Huckabee Sanders Comments on the Memo
Sarah Huckabee Sanders told the media earlier that there isn’t any current plans to release it.
Trump hasn’t seen or been briefed on the classified memo on secret surveillance from House Intel, or reviewed its contents, Sarah Huckabee Sanders says. “No current plans to release” it, she says.
While we are all waiting for the live coverage to start, the left has already started attacking the Democrats’ choice of Joe Kennedy as yet another privileged white guy who isn’t progressive enough. And a soulless ginger to boot!
Remember, most of what the media is going to say is utter nonsense, watch this and remember 2016:
Nearly one year ago today, the impossible happened, Donald Trump was elected to be the 45th president of the United States. Relive the gloatfest that encompassed that fateful night for all Trump supporters. https://www.spartareport.com/
How to Watch the State of the Union
Ride Side Radio’s Livestream:
President Donald Trump will deliver his first State of the Union address on Tuesday, January 30, at 9 pm ET in the Capitol, marking the first year of his presidency. Watch our live coverage of this historic event, including a pre-show and post-show where we read your comments live on the air.
White House Livestream:
The Washington Post’s Livestream:
President Trump makes his first State of the Union address. Rep. Joe Kennedy’s response follows. Our liveblog: http://wapo.st/2FufUvE. Subscribe to The Washington Post on YouTube: http://bit.ly/2qiJ4dy Follow us: Twitter: https://twitter.com/washingtonpost Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/washingtonpost/ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/washingtonpost/