From the Washington Times:
The New York City Police Department responded to reports of an explosion in midtown Manhattan on Monday.
“The NYPD is responding to reports of an explosion of unknown origin at 42nd Street and 8th Ave, #Manhattan. The A, C and E line are being evacuated at this time. Info is preliminary, more when available,” NYPD News tweeted.
The explosion was reported in the Port Authority Bus Terminal and left one person injured, according to NBC News. There is a man in custody who is reportedly the only injured person.
The terminal is being evacuated in addition to the subway lines.
Bratton, the former commissioner, told Fox News that it was an ISIS inspired attack.
It went off on the subway platform. Evidently, the attacker wanted to get on a subway train with it. He was wearing an explosive vest as well.
UPDATE: Rick Leventhal just reported that it is a 37 year old man from Brooklyn with a foreign name. They won’t release the name yet. He has been in the country for seven years.
UPDATE (Doomberg): Four injuries reported, but no fatalities declared yet. Did we get lucky and avoid any deaths? Also, the attacker seems to have been Bangladeshi. How’d he get here?
The law enforcement source said one person was in custody. The fire department said four injuries were reported at the scene.
CBS News has learned that the suspect was from Bangladesh and had a second device.
Some passengers have been evacuated as a precaution.
White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said that President Trump had been briefed on the incident.