Jesus Campos scheduled with several big media outlets and mysteriously cancels very last minute
Hannity had a two word answer today to those asking why the security guard didn’t show up: “he canceled”
Law enforcement is all over the place with the timelines of the incident. The FBI has kept the entire case under wraps and the corporate media has been completely uninterested in getting to the bottom of the case.
Frustrating things further, law enforcement still has yet to show what the motive was behind this mass shooting, nearly two weeks later. Stephen Paddock is now the most invisible mass murderer ever.
There have been rumors that Stephen Paddock was radicalized by his Filipino girlfriend, with ISIS claiming that he had converted to Islam a little over six months ago. They have been credible enough in their claims over these attacks that even a New York Times reporter detailed on Twitter why law enforcement and Washington DC should take the claims made by ISIS seriously.
The timeline has changed several times, in some instances quite drastically, from the early reports of the case.
PolAgnostic has written several thought provoking pieces out over the last few days on the Las Vegas Shooting and the repeated changing of the story by law enforcement as more information leaked out.
Now the case has taken yet another turn, the security guard who was allegedly shot by Stephen Paddock, Jesus Campos, is now missing.
This disappearance happens after he scheduled five interviews to “tell his story” to the media.
“We were in a room and we came out and he was gone,” Campos’ union president told reporters, according to ABC News’ Stephanie Wash.
Campos is represented by the International Union, Security, Police and Fire Professionals of America, which did not respond to requests for comment from Fox News earlier this week.
Fox News’ Sean Hannity tweeted out that Campos, who was scheduled to appear on “Hannity” Thursday night, “cancelled” his appearance.
Little is known about Campos, with few pictures to emerge of the security guard and no apparent online footprint surfacing to provide details about one of the central figures in the mass shooting.
SPFPA President David L. Hickey told reporters new information about the timeline of the attack — for which Las Vegas Police and MGM Resorts have given conflicting accounts – doesn’t dispute Campos is still a hero for saving a maintenance worker and possibly stopping additional shots, Wash reported.
Mandalay Bay’s owners, MGM Resorts, issued a statement on Thursday in order to “correct some of the misinformation that has been reported:
“We know that shots were being fired at the festival lot at the same time as, or within 40 seconds after, the time Jesus Campos first reported that shots were fired over the radio,” the statement said. “Metro officers were together with armed Mandalay Bay security officers in the building when Campos first reported that shots were fired over the radio. These Metro officers and armed Mandalay Bay security officers immediately responded to the 32nd floor.”
In the most recent police timeline, provided Monday, Clark County Sheriff Joe Lombardo said Paddock fired about 200 bullets from his room at the resort starting at 9:59 p.m. on Oct. 1 — the volley in which Campos was hit — and then began opening fire on the music festival crowd six minutes later.
Police had earlier said the opposite – that Campos was struck after Paddock started firing out the window.
UPDATE: Jesus Campos was apparently a very recent hire
He began working for Mandalay Bay on June 30th, 2017:
Source in law enforcement tells me #JesusCampos began working for @MandalayBay June 30, 2017. Very recent employment.
Several journalists say that the family and security guard are being silenced under a gag order from law enforcement:
I just doorstopped #JesusCampos after it was reported he canceled his interview with @seanhannity. I can confirm his family has a gag order. https://t.co/lNMaaaZzWC
Update: Police Clarify the Timeline Yet Again
A commenter noted the new remarks:
The latest version has Campos responding at 9:59 to an open fire door alarm on the stairwell fire door on floor 32 (the shooters room was on one end of the 32nd floor hallway immediately adjacent to the stairwell and fire door).
Campos apparently arrived on 32 via that stairwell, and was unable to enter the 32nd floor due to the suspect having physically barricaded the door (there have been reports he drilled the door and bolted / screwed it shut in order to lessen his vulnerability to approach by LE).
Campos then had to go up or down at least one floor and make his way to the 32nd floor hallway by returning on the elevator or the stairwell at the opposite end of the hall.
This supposedly explains what Campos was doing between 9:59 and his arrival back on 32 at approximately 10:04, when he was allegedly shot by Paddock, who then allegedly began the mass shooting at 10:05.
Update: His Union Representative Claims to Know Where He is
According to the union president for Jesus Campos, David Hickey, Campos himself requested the interviews with the media to “tell his story.”
After Jesus Campos vanished right before he was to go on the air with his first interview, David Hickey claimed to the press that he didn’t know where the worker he represented was, stating “Right now I’m just concerned where my member is, and what his condition is. It’s highly unusual. I’m hoping everything is OK with him and I’m sure MGM or the union will let (media) know when we hear something.”
Later that evening, he received a text message, saying Campos had checked into a “quick clinic.”
Except that Fox News followed up with the Quick Care Clinic management and found that the security guard never checked in:
A spokesperson at the UMC Quick Care, which has eight locations throughout the Las Vegas area, told Fox News on Monday that they had “heard nothing” about Campos visiting them.
The security guard for Mandalay Bay, Jesus Campos, is still missing with his whereabouts still shrouded in mystery.
Update: the photo used for the article has been corrected